Monday, December 10, 2012

Dishonored - Initial notes

What a game, I thought, when I heard of this upcoming game.
Steampunk? Yes!!!
Stealth? Awww yeh! I recently finished Deus Ex Human Revolution (recently as in last year lol) and am in grave need of Stealth. I'm also anxiously waiting for Hitman.

Bethesda? Hmmm *mixed feelings* Great games, also incredible bugs...
You know Bethesda treats their Quality Assurance department like shit (work wise), and at the bottom of the 'game chain' by just how many bugs they leave in.
'Why would you say that?'. Simply because a QA that has power is a QA that can tell the 'upper chain' 'fix it or the user will complain ALOT'. I'd never apply at Bethesda because they would just hate me.

I wrote to Bethesda when I heard about the preorder packages. How is a player to know what kind of character they will want to play ahead of time, when the 'kind' is only truly discovered while playing the game? How can THAT be a preorder bonus. I wrote to them and told them it was a crappy idea, and I cancelled my preorder. I guess I was a little harsh when I told them to hire other people for that kind of decision.

So here I am playing this game once I managed to get it for 25$

Game notes:

- Feels really odd not knowing exactly how visible or not visible I am to the enemy. If I think of games of the genre, I think of Metal Gear Solid, but I mostly think of Thief. Yes the first few instances of Dishonored reminded me of thief, but less good because I had no idea HOW I was doing.

-- Now I just obtained a skill/spell that allows me to see the enemies cone of vision. Cool but that's 2 steps up. I just want to know if I'm well camouflaged or not, not if I'm in the enemies field of vision. I feel it might affect my fun... we'll see.

Sidenote: Is it just me, or is this powerup identical to Deus Ex's? It's a merge between the cone of vision powerup and the see through walls. Nice...I feel the see through walls skill is obtained too early in the game... Once again, gameflow will determine that.

...stay tuned for more ramblings


No comments:

Post a Comment