First post.
Why the name 'A gamer's call of duty'?
You might stumble upon this and shrug 'But call of duty is not a real game. Plenty of poser gamers play it.' Right on the posers, not on the game. How many twerps have me and my hubby stumbled upon during our CoD gameplay? Many! How about you? Every freaking night you play, you'll stumble upon the person who makes 'Call of Duty' the center of their free time, be it a full day or an evening.
But I digress because bashing CoD or praising it has NO place in this blog.
In fact, while I am a Call of Duty player, that is not why I called my blog this way. Oh noes!
I thought of what this blog would be: a central place for me to take notes on the video games I'm currently playing. Yes I wrote this blog for ME. Why? Because as I was starting to write game notes on paper I thought 'Writing on paper? Me? What is this nonsense? We're in a digital era.'
So why take notes, you ask?
It's my newly imposed 'Duty'.
Being recently married and having changed countries, I am unable to work.
I've worked for 7 years in the gaming industry, and here I am, feeling somewhat idle.
I figured I would get more from gaming than simple pleasure, and also begin an ongoing analysis of what works for me and what doesn't. Review? Not really. Remember this is for me, not for you. You can read in on my notes if you want.
Since I saw this picture, I thought it would be funny to use the title 'Call of Duty' as the name of my blog.
Why? Because I am the housewife at the moment and I am making the sandwiches (like all good wives should ha ha!) and I am still gaming in CoD or any other game that isn't NHL, NFL or other sports games (doesn't include racing). This is my self imposed 'duty' or 'homework' if you will.
Game on!
PS. I don't want anyone writing to me on how I'm undermining the position of women in society yada yada... I am a genre of feminist but:
1. I have a sense of humor
2. I don't undermine the position of women, au contraire, many extremist feminists have done that for us and screwed our society into a point of no return, it seems.
3. I don't believe men are the enemy.
4. I do believe in equality but understand that 'being equal' doesn't mean 'being the same'.

No comments:
Post a Comment